A Look Beyond Europe’s Beating Cancer Plan
How we PERSIST with cancer patient-centered care plans across Europe
Online event of Project PERSIST
30 June, 2021 / 11:00 – 12:30 CET
Platform: Microsoft Teams (online)
Registration form: JotForm link
Access for patients to high quality, affordable, timely and innovative cancer care is a key element in the fight against cancer. Good healthcare services improve patient outcomes, reduce the suffering and side effects of treatments as much as possible and enhance the quality of life for survivors. Good healthcare outcomes also contribute to the efficiency and sustainability of the health care systems.
Therefore, the main goal of PERSIST is to develop an open and interoperable ecosystem to improve the care of cancer survivors. The key results to be achieved by consortium partners are:
(1) increased self-efficacy and satisfaction with care as well as reduced psychological stress for a better management of the consequences of the cancer treatment and the disease, resulting in an improvement in health and wellbeing and a faster integration into the labor market, where applicable, compared to usual care;
(2) increased effectiveness in cancer treatment and follow-up by providing prediction models from Big Data that will support decision-making and contribute to optimal treatment decisions with positive consequences in the QoL and the health status of survivors; and
(3) improved information and evidence to advance the efficacy of management, intervention and prevention policies/strategies in order to timely treat side effects and, if possible, avoid secondary diseases and fatal events, while the long-term result will be to reduce the socio-economic burden related to cancer survivors’ care.
Against this background, the PERSIST consortium will organize an online event to discuss and inform the audience, regarding:
* Project PERSIST, including all technical and medical aspects of the project. It will explain what the added value is, for both patients and medical personnel. What is the vision of the project and consortium partners? What is the unique role of each partner in the field and in the project?
* To what extent the projects fits with the expectations expressed both by Europe’s Cancer Beating Plan and the future development of projects under the Horizon 2020 framework? It will showcase the importance of digitalization and innovation in the field of cancer, and namely “a modern approach to cancer: new technologies, research and innovation at the service of patient-centered cancer prevention and care”.
* The discussion to follow will take a look at the stakeholder perspective and will answer all questions raised during the presentations and interventions of the speakers.
Join on your computer or mobile app
Click here to join the meeting
Or call in (audio only)
+32 2 897 64 96,,507682948# Belgium, Bruxelles/Brussels
Phone Conference ID: 507 682 948#
Find a local number | Reset PIN
JOIN US! REGISTER HERE: https://bit.ly/35k5nCq